Hello everyone! This is my progress on the sweater so far:
The yarn I'm using is the pattern yarn, Louet Gems Worsted. The color is off in these pictures, it is actually a deep teal green, and it looks a little shinier than how it appears here, but these ones show the cables off the best. I really like the pattern yarn, I couldn't resist it in the yarn shop. It's soft, but it is still knitting up nice and heavy, so this sweater is really going to be warm. I've completed about 1.5 diamond repeats, which means I've started on the pesky secondary cables on the sleeves.
Here is a view of one of the secondary cables. I adjusted the chart for the R/L cables to account for the increases properly, but then there was still the problem of not having a stitch to KFB into. What I did was shift the whole adjusted chart outline one box to the right for the R cable, and one box to the left for the L cable. This means that my secondary cables are one stitch closer to the diamond cable on either side, I'm not purling the last (R cable) or first (L cable) stitch in the charts, but I think there is still enough room for it to look nice. This also means that I was doing a KFB right before or after the cable for a few rounds, and you can see the result above. I think it looks fine, even when stretched. Once I do a few more rounds I am going to try it on, hopefully it will still look good.
This is the first sweater I have ever knit in the round, and so far I love it. It is requiring a lot of time and concentration, but March Madness is providing an excellent excuse for me to sit on the couch for hours and knit. And seeing everyone else's work is so encouraging.