Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Back to it!


I haven't been able to get much knitting in lately. We have been super busy working on our house. You can see our work in the picture above. We replaced all the carpet in our house with bamboo. Anyway, I got all the increases completed and got a few rows of the body done. Tried it on and I think I'm really going to like the fit. I went with a smaller size to get a couple inches of negative ease so it's more form fitting. Hopefully that will work for me. This is such a beautiful sweater. I'm knitting it in Cascade 220 Superwash that I happened to have in the stash or I wouldn't have picked this color, but I love the yarn. And after figuring out the cable and increase problems, it's going quickly. I did m1's instead of the kfb's and moved the right/left cables over a stitch.
I have been thinking of turning it into a short sleeve top. I live in Florida and won't get to wear this until next winter. Although being wool, even short sleeve will probably be too hot. I don't like having to wait so long to wear something.

3 comments:

Gauss said...

This looks great, and the cables are very crisp! One nice thing is that you can wait until the body is done before deciding on sleeve length...

Anna said...

It looks beautiful. And I really like the color. No wonder, it looks a lot like the color I am using for my Raglan.

Kate said...

Beautiful! And now moving further up on my to do list knowing you could do it with 4 skiens of Brown Sheep cotton!