Saturday, March 17, 2007

Side Cable Dilemna

After reading Trudy's solution to the increases that have to be knit into the side sleeve cables, I thought I had done the same thing. If I understand correctly, Trudy moved her cables over one stitch, which seems to work brilliantly. I realized that I took another route. Instead of starting the side cables immediately after finishing the first diamond, I waited and started them when I got to Row 3 of the second diamond. This provides that extra stitch and although the cables don't start together, they end together. So for those of you who haven't started this part, this is another work around that seems to work fine. By the way, starting on row 14 of the first diamond repeat (sleeves only), I found it useful to put another marker between the 26 stitches and the new increases on the sleeves. Hope this is helpful.

1 comment:

Anna said...

That is a briliant solution. I wish I had known before as my cables don`t end together and I am not completely happy with that.
Thank you for sharing the idea.