Friday, March 9, 2007

My progress so far...

Hey folks, just joined this KAL and am really looking forward to seeing everyone's projects. I decided to do mine in some Rowan Calmer (Coral) I had in the stash as I thought this design would make a great spring/lighterweight sweater. I really love working with this yarn and just hadn't found the right project for this bunch of it (got it on a GREAT sale too!) As I need a 50" finished garment, I'm overgauging just a smidge and so far it seems to be going well. I just started the 2nd repeat on the main cable chart and the side cables on the sleeves. I love working sweaters from top down...somehow they just seem to go faster and of course I love not having seams to sew up. The cables are a little on the loose side but I think (from past experience with this yarn) that they'll sort themselves out nicely after a wash/block.

4 comments:

rosi said...

While shopping for new yarn today for my Raglan, the shop owner actually suggested calmer. I would have jumped at it, but she only had pastels. Your color is so vibrant. Love it.
Rosi

Anna said...

I really like the Raglan in the coral color. Calmer is one of the yarns that I have been wanting to try for some time. I can`t wait to see the finished sweater.

complainr said...

That is an awesome color-what a great choice!

Abby said...

ok, I am also using calmer (similar color even!!) on size 7 needles. I finished the second center cable and tried it on, but the fit was HORRIBLE!. The neck just didn't lay flat and wasn't as wide as the picture in the magazine.....I checked my gauge again and it is still really close to exact (maybe off by 0.5 a stitch every 4 inches). I decided just to keep going and hopefully after I split off the arms and/or i wash it that the calmer would sort itself out, but I am quite nervous. Any thoughts based on your prior/current experience with this yarn and sweater?