Saturday, March 3, 2007

Progress so far...

I'm knitting mine in Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool, greenish. As I've been sick with flu this week, I got to stay home and work on it a bunch. I've completed three pattern repeats!



Now, you might think that the sweater is almost done! However, you should know that my gauge is off (finer than the pattern requests). I really wanted to make something with this yarn, though, and the pattern is easy enough to adjust for a slightly different gauge. Also, after you divide the body is a little boring, with lots of stockinette; I'm putting that part on hold, as the sleeves look more interesting. These are the biggest dpn's I've every used!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Wow. It looks beautiful. You might be the first one to enter the finishing line. I can`t wait to see the sleeves with the side cables.

Sherri said...

It looks GREAT! I think I like it better in the lighter yarn weight too!

complainr said...

So pretty! Looks like you've got quite a bit already done.