Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Purchased but not started...

Hi Everyone!

While I've been totally drooling over this raglan since I saw it in Interweave, and went **right** out and bought yarn for it, I still haven't been able to actually sit down and cast on. I recently finished the Green Tea Raglan (from the same Interweave issue) and have far too many gift knits currently on my needles - including Icarus, Seraphim, and the Backyard Leaves scarf - to even think about it, but in the meantime my lovely lusciously soft pile of alpaca keeps on calling out to me.........................

(the yarn is elann's Peruvian Pure Alpaca in their 'cactus' colour -
and happily enough the photo is quite true to the real shade!)


While I've done other cabled projects in the past (notably Shedir from the Breast Cancer Awareness issue of Knitty) they've never been quite as complex as this, so it is with relief and delight that I'm reading about everyone else's adventures well in advance of my own start date.

I'm planning on omitting the smaller cables from the sleeves, which will mean a definite re-working of the stitch count to make the arms still turn out to a proper size. I'm interested to hear if anyone else has tried to do this or significantly changed the pattern in a similar way?
(p.s. I'm the Susan of Susan's Pointy Sticks, not the Susan of Knitter's Delight!) :)

1 comment:

Gauss said...

This looks like a very nice yarn. It should be extremely warm, though - especially since the sweater is on the tight side...