Sunday, February 25, 2007

Pst, I bought yarn

Even though I am officially on a stash busting diet. But after a month I gave in and bought yarn for the Cable top raglan. I wanted to make it from cotton or cotton blend and was first thinking about using Cascade Pima Tencel as my LYS just got new spring colors. I swatched and got gauge but decided that the fabric was too drapey and stretchy and finally ended up buying five hanks of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in a pretty color called Columbine Blossom. I can`t wait to start.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Oooohhhhh, pretty color & I must confess, I recently became a HUGE fan of cotton fleece ... perhaps I shall knit mine out fo the same kind of yarn, but I'll do mine in a different color so we don't match ;-)

Kate said...

Did you get gauge with the Cotton Fleece yet? I love the colors they have and would love to use that for this and Rusted Root. What size needle did you use?

Cheryl said...

I have quite a bit of this in my stash in at least two colors...woohoo